By sara | December 12, 2011
Magnesium Oil is not really an oil rather, it is a brine.
It is made with straight magnesium chloride flakes and water.The magnesium oil I use is the highest quality I could find and comes from the Dead Sea.It contains 31% Magnesium, 80 trace minerals and is low in sodium.
Trans-dermal magnesium therapy is well known to relieve pain in joints
and muscles. Apply as needed to areas of pain and discomfort. Let it sit for 20-30 min before rinsing it off.
Transdermal Magnesium Therapy has many more benefits than smply relief from discomfort read on:
Magnesium is one of the most common and necessary fast acting, safe and effective medicines and is used in both allopathic as well as naturopathic medicine. Magnesium Chloride treatments are used in a wide variety of ways including in emergency rooms to save lives as well as for post sports recovery.
Magnesium chloride treatments address systemic nutritional deficiencies, enhance immune system function, improve cellular function by protecting cells from oxidative damage as well as bringing new energy to cells where applied topically.
Symptoms and Major Diseases Associated with Magnesium Deficiency:
• Anxiety and Panic attacks- Magnesium (Mg) normally keeps adrenal stress hormones under control.
• Asthma- Histamine production and bronchial spasms increase with Mg deficiency.
• Blood clots- Mg helps by keeping the blood thin-much like aspirin but without the side effects.
• Bowel disease- deficiency causes constipation, which could lead to toxicity and mal absorption of nutrients, as well as colitis.
• Cystitis- Bladder spasms are worsened by Mg deficiency
• Depression-Serotonin is dependent on Mg. A Mg-deficient brain is also more susceptible to allergens.
• Detoxification- Mg is crucial for the removal of toxic substances and heavy metals such as mercury, aluminum and lead
• Diabetes- Mg enhances insulin secretion and facilitates sugar metabolism. Without Mg insulin is not able to transfer glucose to cells.
• Fatigue- Fatigue is often and early symptom of Mg-deficency.This is due to the fact that dozens of enzyme systems are under-functioning.Mg is needed for the production of over 326 different enzymes.
• Heart disease- Mg deficiency is common in people with heart disease. It is administered in hospitals for acute myocardial infarction and cardiac arrhythmia. Mg is also used to treat angina, or chest pain.
• Hypertension- With insufficient Mg, spasm of blood vessels and high cholesterol occur, both of which lead to blood pressure problems.
• Hypoglycemia- Mg keeps insulin under control; without Mg,expect episodes of low blood sugar.
• Insomnia, RLS, Sleeping Disorders - Just as Serotonin, Sleep-regulating melatonin production is disturbed without sufficient Mg.
• Kidney Disease- Mg deficiency contributes to atherosclerotic kidney failure. Mg deficiency creates abnormal lipid levels and worsening blood sugar control in kidney transplant patients.
• Liver Disease leading to liver failure- Mg deficiency commonly occurs during liver transplantation.
• Migraine- Serotonin balance is Mg-dependent. Deficiency of serotonin can result in migraine headaches and depression.
• Musculoskeletal conditions- Fibrositis, fibromyalgia, muscle spasms, eye twitches, cramps and chronic neck and back pain may be relieved by Mg supplements.
• Nerve problems- Mg alleviates peripheral nerve disturbances throughout the whole body, such as migraines, muscle contractions, gastrointestinal spasms, and calf, foot and toe cramps. It is also used in treating central nervous symptoms of vertigo and confusion.
• Obstetrics and Gynecology- Mg prevents Premenstrual Syndrome; prevents dysmenorrhea (cramping pain during menses); is important in the treatment of infertility; and alleviates premature contractions, preeclampsia, and eclampsia in pregnancy. Intravenous Mg is given in obstetrical wards for pregnancy-induced hypertension and to lessen the risk of cerebral palsy and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). Mg should be a required supplement for pregnant mothers.
• Osteoporosis- Use of calcium with Vitamin D to enhance calcium absorption without a balancing amount of Mg causes further Mg deficiency, which triggers a cascade of events leading to bone loss.
• Raynaud’s Syndrome- Mg helps relax the spastic blood vessels that cause pain and numbness of the fingers.
• Tooth decay- Mg deficiency causes an unhealthy balance of phosphorus and calcium in saliva, which damages teeth.
General Uses for Magnesium Oil
For the Skin: Sprayed on sun damaged skin regularly will begin to rejuvenate from the inside out and after a few months will be significantly restored. Helps with wrinkles as well as hair health and growth.
Dental: As a mouthwash sprayed into the mouth it is excellent for the gums and pushes the mouths ph up. Strengthens teeth and is excellent for gingivitis. It is magnesium, not calcium, which helps form hard tooth enamel resistant to decay.
Mucus Membranes: People have used low concentrations for nose and eye washes and even for application in the vagina. (Beware of stimulative effect).
General Tonic: Magnesium Chloride is a strong tonic boosting all aspects of cell physiology and energy production. Magnesium is essential for life as it participates in over 325 enzyme reactions. Expect more energy, strength and endurance and even increased sexual energy.
Sports: Magnesium is perhaps the single most important mineral to sports nutrition. Over 70% of the U.S. population is magnesium deficient. This is true especially of athletes. During vigorous exercise, people loose through their sweat critical minerals, the most important being magnesium. Adequate magnesium level will help your body against fatigue, heat exhaustion, blood sugar control and metabolism.
Pain Relief: Transdermal magnesium chloride treatments are essential in the treatment of sport injuries and the aches and pains of sore muscles.
Natural Immune System Booster: Dr. A. Neveu observed that magnesium chloride has no direct effect on bacteria (i.e. it is not an antibiotic). Thus he thought that its action was a specific, immune-enhancing, so it could be useful against viral diseases.
Memory and Cognitive Function: Magnesium deficit may lead to decreased memory and learning ability, while an abundance of magnesium may improve cognitive function in children and the elderly.
Comments are closed.